3. Sync your phone/google calendar to get Patrol updates, see “Setup Google Calendar” Tab above.
Download the full instructions here. FAQs What happens if I get a confirmed sub and then I find out I am free to patrol? Contact the member using the contact details provided in the Substitutions tab and ask them to Undo their confirmed sub. This will have to be done within the timeframe set by the club in Surfguard for “Undoing” a Sub. Default display is 48 hours.
Is there a blackout period for when you can’t “Undo” a sub you have confirmed? The default blackout period is 48 hours prior to start of patrol.
- Go to http://calendar.google.com
- Log in or create an account if you don’t already have one with Google (if you use Gmail, you can use that username and password here too).
- Once you are logged in, on the bottom left of the screen there should be a heading called “Other Calendars”, under this there is a link marked “Add”, click on this and select “Add a friend’s calendar”
- Enter the email address for your calendar(s)
|Tamarama SLSC Generalemail@example.com|
- In the “Other Calendars” Box on the left hand side of the screen, you should see the calendar you just added. Next to it there is a little box with an arrow pointing downwards, click on the arrow.
- Select “Notifications”.
- Under “Event Reminders” click “Add a reminder”.
- Choose how you want to be notified of your patrol and how long before the patrol you want that notification to come .
- Hit save.
You’re done. You’ll be getting automated notifications for patrols.  If you only see an option to use email reminders and want to receive SMS reminders, you’ll need to click on the “Set up your mobile phone to receive notifications” link at the bottom of the screen and follow the steps outlined there.